Translate

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Pappy’s Favorites Number 11: AMERICA UNDER COMMUNISM!

One of my favorite Pappy’s Golden Age postings goes back to April 1, 2012 (not an April Fool joke), with the propaganda comic book, Is This Tomorrow, from the Catechetical Guild Educational Society of Minnesota. It warns of the takeover of the United States by the communists. It was published the year I was born, but the paranoia of a Soviet takeover among many citizens was just as prevalent the whole time I was in school, in the Army, and beyond.

Since I posted it originally we have had some underhanded dealings with the post-Soviet successors in Russia, a whole other subject (not yet in comic book form...at least I don’t think so).

I am not sure how many copies of Is This Tomorrow were printed, but presumably a lot. It is not only a document of its time, but probably reading material in the bomb shelters some people were building in the 1960s.

To see it, just click on the thumbnail.



2 comments:

Daniel [oeconomist.com] said...

I'm saddened to read that Pappy favors America under Communism.

Pappy said...

Daniel, the truth has finally come out...tovarish.