Translate

Wednesday, September 15, 2010


Number 808


Invisible Trogs


"Vengeance Of the Invisible Men" from Sensation Mystery #110, 1952, reminds me of They Live, the 1988 movie by John Carpenter. Roddy Piper puts on a pair of glasses and sees aliens masquerading as humans. In this story a guy puts on a pair of glasses and sees invisible troglodytes causing accidents. It's kind of how I see the world. I believe many people are aliens disguised as human, and since I can't believe I can be such a klutz, there must be an invisible Trog tripping me. Would that I had some glasses I could wear to prove it.

The Grand Comics Database lists Murphy Anderson as artist.

Oh yeah, mon, the main character's name is Robert Marley.








4 comments:

Unca Jeffy said...

I've been looking for a pair of those glasses since Roddy Piper saw the light too.

Pappy said...

I thought I had a pair once, but they were actually dollar store glasses with bad lenses.

rnigma said...

"I'm here to wreck your machine and chew bubblegum! And I'm all out of bubblegum!"

Bhob said...

THEY LIVE was adapted from a Ray Nelson short story which, if I recall correctly, was borrowed by Nelson, with permission, from Philip K. Dick. PKD had originally written the concept as a teleplay proposal for THE INVADERS. The TV series rejected PKD's proposal (about two teenagers who find alien-revealing glasses).