Translate

Friday, June 04, 2010


Number 748


The Monster God


Wallace Wood drew this fine 7-pager for Captain Science #1, from 1950. It's the second story I've presented by Woody from Captain Science. The other is here. Captain Science is another of those comics which, while you wouldn't know it by looking at it, has ties to DC Comics. I have linked to this site before, which tells about "DC's Other Comics", but this kind of trivia is so fascinating (to me, anyway) I want to link to it again in case you missed it first time around.

The art is great, but the story is right out of a myriad of fantasy/sf sources, John Carter of Mars, et al.; a guy is transported instantly to another world to find a beautiful babe.








3 comments:

Mark Armstrong said...

You need to fix your link. I think you meant to link to

http://dccomicsartists.com/dchistory/DCsOther-Comics.htm

and not to

http://dccomicsartists.com/dchistory/dcsother-pulps.htm

Pappy said...

Thanks, Mark...correction made. I appreciate you helping me.

I've made several errors lately which readers have been kind enough to bring to my attention so I can make the appropriate correction.

Hmmmm. Maybe I'm tired, or maybe I'm slipping into senility a few years ahead of schedule.

Mark Armstrong said...

We appreciate the wonderful stories and artwork you bring to us. Please don't ever stop.