Translate

Saturday, February 18, 2012


Number 1108


Frankenstein and the original Ghost Rider


Realizing that I've never before shown "The Devil Tiger" from Ghost Rider #10 gave me the opportunity to not only scan it for presentation, but also to re-scan the cover story from that issue.

The cover is a classic:

As a comic book fan, for me there are several highlights in Dick Ayers' extraordinary career. I first noticed his inks on Jack Kirby's pencils when they collaborated in the late '50s and early '60s at Marvel, but realized what a good artist he was in his own right when I saw his pre-Code work on Ghost Rider.















1 comment:

Brian Barnes said...

It's great art by Ayers but almost every Ghost Rider story I've ever seen is ruined by the Scooby-Doo ending.

How much better a comic would it have been to have the Ghost Rider in mortal combat with Frankenstein/Devil Tiger?