Translate

Monday, April 14, 2008


Number 291


Nothing He Couldn't Do!



I have two gruesome postings for you today. What the hell, it's Monday, I've got to go to the dentist. I'm sympathetic with Jonesy above and the spike through his face.

Recently Karswell of The Horrors Of It All had a request for a wild story from Charlton's The Thing, but said he didn't own any. I have a copy of The Thing #16 from 1954, and one of the wildest stories ever, Dick Ayers' "Nothing He Couldn't Do." The panel above was reprinted in Time Magazine during the uproar over comics that resulted in the Comics Code.








5 comments:

Mr. Karswell said...

Ha ha, good one... amazing how fast Jonesy could whip up an island canning facility for them with just his tool box. I also like that the gun for hire is named Mike Rammer!

I have a couple more Thing stories to post later in the month, Hirsch realized my plight and has been sending in additional submissions.

Pappy said...

I also like the the apparently immutable law--according to the "expert"--that cannibals only boil one person at a time!

Mr. Karswell said...

>according to the "expert"--that cannibals only boil one person at a time!

Riiiight... I think I learned that in 4th grade.

The Vicar of VHS said...

Love the "low criminal cunning" they drew into the faces of all the other survivors.

So, you spam and eggs, spam and spam, spam cheese eggs bacon and spam...

Max the drunken severed head said...

I love this! Thanks Pappy!