Translate

Monday, October 13, 2008


Number 395
 

The Time Trolls


I'm sure I've pissed off the Time-Trolls. They're the little demons who set my alarm clock so it goes off an hour early. Or not at all. They're the creeps who cause me to be 10 minutes late for work, a job interview, miss a flight.

Considering how we live and die by the clock, the Time-Trolls are guys you definitely don't want to mess with. "In the Time-Trolls' Sinister Clutches" is drawn by Mike Sekowsky, from Beyond #11, 1952.








3 comments:

Marc Burkhardt said...

Time Trolls!

I just knew there were guys like this around ...

Now if you could only expose the Sock Trolls who always seem to raid my cabinet!

p spector said...

What's not to love about bare-chested trolls with nicely pressed slacks? (Wonder if they have to shop in the children's department?)

Ger Apeldoorn said...

That Mik Sekowsky was everywhere...You can see traces of his Timely style, where he worked till 1949. He started changing hi styl when he worked for Standard in the early fifties, but he always kept this quick and dirty style on the side. I wish I knew who inked this. Is it posibloe that this inker stayed with hinm all through the fifties? You should show a story from Tormented of The Silencer from Sterling, which shows much of the same style.