Translate

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Number 2588: Witch Hazel’s niece, Little Itch, makes her debut

Despite the title of today's post, I am not sure the story, “Ol Witch Hazel and Her Niece, Little Itch,” is the actual debut of Little Itch. I looked at various sources, including the Grand Comics Database, and they list the story as the debut, but with a question mark. They are guessing, like me.

You’d think a grown man would have better things to do than spend a morning looking for such arcane information, wouldn’t you? You’d be correct.

Despite wasting time on the search, I am happy for the story, typical to me of writer John Stanley’s talent. My favorites from the Little Lulu comic books are Witch Hazel and Little Itch. This is the final story I am posting for the Little Lulu and Her Special Friends Annual #3, from 1955. Little Itch’s first appearance or not, Lulu’s impromptu and inspired story, by way of John Stanley, still made me laugh.











2 comments:

Daniel [oeconomist.com] said...

Frank M. Young might be able to tell us whether this story indeed represents the debut of Little Itch.

J_D_La_Rue_67 said...

There are worse ways to waste a morning, believe me ...