Translate

Sunday, February 14, 2010



Number 684


A Valentine from Pappy



With a title like "Love In Bondage" from Harvey's First Love Illustrated #45, I settled down for a hot read. Imagine my disappointment when I found out it was more routine romance, without anybody being tied up. Then I got to the final panel and thought, "John and Perdita are gonna have a very interesting honeymoon!" It's hard to mistake the intentions of John's future mother-in-law.

As a Valentine's Day bonus, I've got some historic love, "Famous Love Affairs:" the passions of Antony and Cleopatra told in three breathless pages from ACG's Lovelorn #3.














6 comments:

Unknown said...

The inking on "Love in Bondage" looks like Bernard Sachs - not sure about the artist.

Runs.with.Ferals said...

Mrs. Robinson in reverse, Mama Mia !

Mykal Banta said...

Pappy: Loved the famous love affair. The artist did a fantastic job of capturing the sense of drama and diva I have always imagined when thinking of Cleo! Great heart day post. -- Mykal

Pappy said...

I think the penciling is by Lee Elias, but I'm not sure about the inking. Bernard Sachs is a good choice, though.

Jacque Nodell said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I just finished watching HBO's Rome, so reading the comic book version of Antony and Cleopatra was great fun. Thanks!

Daniel [oeconomist.com] said...

I agree, Pappy; that looks like Elias's work to me.